Rule of thumb:


Tim, pls find time to read Great ideas!

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Taipei trip

10:10 AM

I have gone to Taipei during 1 Nov(Sat) - 4 Nov(Tue) with Cynthia, her colleague Cherry & Cherry's husband Alex. I find this trip is funny.

I have been there before 2 times, last time is 6 years ago, after secondary school graduation. I could still remember exactly the street & route.

Backward is my impression to Taipei. I think this city is doomed, at least around the tourist spots, nearly every street has some stores closed down.

My exchange rate is around 4.01, so this trip is quite cheap. I have visit 2 very good japanese restaurant there, cost only HK$150 each, which I think may cost more than HK$250 if they are in HK.

I have tried Taipei love hotel, the facility is minimal, but the rent is half other hotel, good or bad. In the meantime, I tried EVA airline business class. Sucks, much expensive but only with larger seats. Don't think larger is large.

New: (57/58/59th in 2008, 347th since 2005)
藝術市場與投資解碼
作者:黃文叡 / 出版社:藝術家 / 出版日期:2008年07月28日
Done Deals: Venture Capitalists Tell Their Stories
Udayan Gupta / Publisher: Harvard Business School Press (September 2000)
How I Became a Quant: Insights from 25 of Wall Street's Elite
Barry Schachter, Richard R. Lindsey / Publisher: Wiley (July 9, 2007)

I know I am a little out bit to read on deal making, quants storys & fine/decorative art market. I have been wanting to buy these for quite a long time, but I could not find in HK, thus I bought it during trip to Taipei.

The best thing in Taipei is translated books, fast & good & affordable, but it is bad that other than translated books, they have limited choice of original English version books.

Thanks for my love Cynthia organizing this trip. You are the best!

Comments:

Post a Comment